“Lugosi” is our long-awaited bottle release that pays homage to the legendary actor Bela Lugosi. Bela Lugosi portrayed Count Dracula in the classic 1931 Universal film… Dracula. Mr. Lugosi also starred in White Zombie, The Bat, Son of Frankenstein and many more timeless classics.
This beer, a 12.2% abv sour quad behemoth, was finely aged in Zaca Mesa Syrah barrels and will be limited to only 1000 bottles (750ml, hand-waxed & numbered) and is being released with the support and collaboration of the Bela Lugosi family!
We have licensed Universal’s “Dracula” (’31) for a large-format outdoor film screening (in the back parking lot). Although we will have outdoor seating, you are encouraged to bring your own (low) foldable chairs. Think… “Hollywood Cemetery” film screenings. Film starts at 9pm (running time 85 min).
We are also honored to announce a very special appearance and Q&A with Bela Lugosi, Jr. prior to the film screening moderated by LA craft beer industry veteran Mr. Tomm Carroll (Celebrator Brewing News / Beer Paper LA). A private meet & greet session with Bela Lugosi, Jr. (for VIP ticket holders & media only) will take place prior to the film screening at 8pm.
We will also be hosting a special live appearance by Portland, Oregon-based instrumental synth artist, Joel Grind (sole member of Toxic Holocaust). Joel takes time out from delivering bone crunching extreme metal and has hot-wired a battery of analog synths for his debut release Equinox on Death Waltz Originals. If you enjoy the band S U R V I V E you will dig Equinox!
This celebration will also feature:
– 70s/80s horror film-inspired music.
– A vintage horror movie trailer / reel showcase.
– Devilish food ‘n snacks including “theatre-style” goodies (kettle corn, hot dogs, nachos, candy).
– Phantom Carriage beer booths featuring some exclusive offerings.
– Wicked guest beers from local breweries.
– Limited edition t-shirts, stickers, screen-printed posters & commemorative glassware.
– Costume contest (note: if you come dressed as Dracula you automatically win a prize).
General admission tickets are $13, purchase them online in advance on our website.
Phantom Carriage Brewery
18525 South Main Street
Carson, California 90248
Visited 659 times, 2 Visits today