Fiesta Hermosa 2017 in Hermosa Beach
There are few places in the world that start the summer better than Hermosa Beach, California! The long Memorial Day Weekend marks the unofficial start to summer for the South Bay as people from all over Southern California make Fiesta Hermosa a Memorial Day Weekend destination. Fiesta Hermosa’s 3-day festival, May 27-29, is centered in Hermosa Beach and the city swells with fair food, craft booths, a kiddie carnival, and a beer garden. Running daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., the summer vibe begins now in the South Bay. This is the 45th Annual Fiesta Hermosa, known as Southern California’s largest Arts & Crafts Festival. Approximately 300 artists and crafters will be featured this year, including painters, photographers, ceramicists, jewelers, sculptors, and handicrafters. Of course, many people bypass the booths on Hermosa Avenue and head straight to the Beer & Wine Garden! The proceeds all go to charity, so in case you overdo it there will be a silver lining.
There are two stages with quality tribute bands playing live music throughout the weekend- one at the foot of Hermosa Pier and another in the Charity Beer & Wine Garden. The crowd is always fired up, and dancing is highly encouraged.
The Food Court, just south of the Hermosa Pier, is another of the major highlights of Fiesta Hermosa. Make sure to try the famous Kennel Corn at least once during the weekend.
The Kiddie Carnival has all the traditional fair fun you would expect like a petting zoo, mechanical rides, a 30-foot slide, and face-painting. A relatively new feature that keeps the focus on kids is Fiesta Siesta, a tented area north of Hermosa Avenue along Pier Avenue where parents can nurse or change their little ones.
2017 Fiesta Hermosa Details
- Music: 2017’s Fiesta Hermosa will feature amazing cover bands at the main stage on the pier: Heart, Steely Dan, Graceband (Elvis Tribute), AC/DC David Bowie will all be represented this Memorial Day Weekend. At the Beer & Wine Garden stage, Rock n’ Roll bands that pay homage to the 80’s, classic rock, reggae as well as original artists will be tearing it up all 3 days.
- Food Court: Every year Fiesta Hermosa arranges a buffet of grubby fair food eats inside their Food Court. Funnel cakes, BBQ, roasted corn, Satay Chicken Sticks and more all available for purchase, so plan on showing up hungry.
- Charity Beer & Wine Garden: An array of different beers and several wines will be available this year. Proceeds go to charities such as the Rotary, Kiwanis, HB Education Foundation, and other civic organizations.
Getting To and Around Fiesta Hermosa
- Parking: Parking will be very limited unless you arrive at 6 a.m. with a pocket full of quarters.
- Green Shuttle Service: Your best (and much more convenient) option is to use the Fiesta Hermosa Shuttle Service. Free Shuttle Buses powered by green biodiesel run daily from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. from the Northrup Grumman Parking Lot at the corner of Aviation Boulevard and 33nd Street in Manhattan Beach. Parking in the lot is also free.
- Ride your Bike and Park FREE: Keep Hermosa Beach “green” by riding your bike to Fiesta Hermosa, and park in the guarded lot on the sand just south of the Hermosa Beach Pier. The Hermosa Cyclery will valet park your bike in their FREE lot, and offer air for tires. The lot is open from 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily.
Jimi Hendrix Cover Band, Fiesta Hermosa